Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas Shopping in Koh Lanta

After a few nights in Railay we took a whistlestop tour of Koh Lanta which is just a couple of hours from the mainland and much cheaper than the honeymoon haven we'd previously been staying in. Despite actually being an island it feels less so than Railay because it's so much bigger. Nevertheless it's equally as pretty and there are some great little markets which we've made the most of to do our last bits of Christmas shopping. 

I'd already sent a package home to the family weeks ago (although it still hasn't arrived!) but hadn't yet bought any presents for Hana or the friends we have coming to visit in a couple of days. Setting ourselves a budget we marched off in separate directions around the market stalls, haggling our way to the best deals. I genuinely felt like I was on bargain hunter and it was by far the quickest and cheapest Christmas shop I've ever done! 

Aside from that I spent my time in Koh Lanta either eating my own body weight in 7-Eleven toasties (I have three years of deprivation to make up for) or sunbathing at one of the many beautiful beaches along the coast. The sun has been blazing since arriving in Thailand and despite rarely burning I've somehow managed to win myself a Rudolph-esque red nose. Most festive! 

We're now really excited for the next few days ahead; returning to our favourite island, Phi Phi, and the arrival of our visitors who have promised to come bearing presents and pick'n'mix. Just as good as any Santa Claus I know! 




No comments:

Post a Comment